Your air conditioning device’s filter is a valuable means for reducing allergies in your home and keeping it dust-free. Furthermore, getting your air conditioner filters changed or replaced by calling experts from reputed HVAC companies in Denver improves the life of your machine and reduces the need for constant maintenance.
Clogged air filters require more electricity, but a clean air conditioning device cools the air more efficiently and can reduce power use. You likely already know that you should clean and change your filter regularly, but you might not understand that the frequency differs from household to household.
HOW OFTEN SHOULD YOU CLEAN OR CHANGE YOUR AIR CONDITIONING AIR FILTERS?
The air filters of your heating and cooling device play a vital part in achieving healthy airflow and keeping you and your family members safe against dirt and other pollutants. While numerous heating and cooling professionals suggest cleaning or changing the air filters of your air conditioning device every 1 to 3 months, the frequency might differ depending on your specific home requirements:
- Standard 1-inch to 3-inch cooling device’s air filters should get cleaned or replaced every 30-60 days.
- If you have one pet at home, your air filters should be cleaned or changed every 60 days. And if you have one pet at home, you should get the filters cleaned or changed every 20 to 45 days.
- Homes without pets should clean or change the air filters every 6 to 12 months.
- If someone smokes inside the home, changing the filters every 30 days is best.
HOW DO YOU KNOW WHETHER YOU REQUIRE CHANGING YOUR AIR FILTER?
There are several evident indications that your air filter needs to get replaced. These signs are as follows:
- Dust and dirt collect around your output ducts, frequently on the adjacent walls and ceiling.
- Your air conditioner’s cooling capability is declining.
- Dust is collecting on curtain rods, fan blades, and the tops of cabinets, signaling too much dirt in the air.
- When your cooling device starts up, you hear a lot of loud noise.
- Dust and dirt have collected on your intake ducts.
WHY IS IT IMPERATIVE TO CHANGE THE FILTERS OF YOUR AIR CONDITIONER?
Below are a few reasons why it is imperative to clean and change the air filters of your air conditioning device to breathe clean, healthy air and obtain the best out of your air conditioning installation in Denver device.
- Reduce the odds of asthma and allergies.
- Improve respiratory well-being.
- Reduce hefty utility expenses.
- Limit the development of contaminants.
- Limit any risk of recurrent cold and wheezing.
- Deter growth of mold.
- Preclude obstructed airflow.
- Add to your air conditioning device’s longevity.
- Offer clean and fresh air to breathe.
If you have any questions about the steps of cleaning or changing your air filters and AC repair in Denver or want to book an appointment.